Sunday, November 11, 2012

Florida State Poetry Association 2012 convention in Daytona Beach

Share.
Share.
It is all about the poetry
and poets, when we gather and where we gather.
--Patricia Lieb
And awards for selected poems.
Letting go... when the new president is elected.

Take a chance.
Read your poems.


 Our 2012 Florida State Poetry Association convention was held at the LaPlaya Resort & Suites in Daytona Beach.
From the moment I reached the motel I noticed  poet friends--some I've known for years and some that have come into my life of late. The two days of poetry, from sunrise reading on the beach to evening readings and banquets late into the night, was awesome.
I stayed on the 8th of 9 floors with a balcony overlooking the awesome Daytona Beach beach. Late on the last night a group of "girls" gathered on my room balcony for poetry, laughs and wine. The event was wonderful, as the poetry gatherings usually are.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site is really cool! I found here alot of information that I was looking for. I am really happy to be a part of This site!