About Me

My photo

Patricia Shipp Lieb; published by Twilight Times Books, Solstice Publishing, Xlibris Press and Amazon Kindle.

 I like lots of space; photography, writing, reading, diddling around on the computer, playing Poker, spending time with family and friends, walking on the beach, and hiking through the woods. Author of: The Adventures of a Squirrel Named Peanut, Twilight Times Books; My Eighteenth Birthday, 1960 suspense-adventure; Solstice; Danger In The Cliffs, Solstice; Saying I Love You, poetry on Amazon's Kindle; The original version of Murders In The Swampland is available in hard-back books from Xlibris.com; Murders in the Swampland (third edition, updated) true crime now on Amazon Kindle.   
 
 

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Southern Literary Festival at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, LA, memories....

It was in April, 1985, at the Southern Literary Festival at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, LA, that my publishing-editing partner Carol Schott and I presented a program on “Editing the Literary 
Magazine”. The conference went smoothly and after it was over we went to the Holiday Inn Lounge and celebrated. The Shriners brotherhood was holding a convention at the hotel at the same time. Having my two teenage children with me for the event they were in-and-out of the lounge to "check In" with me so that I would know they were OK.

After returning home to Illinois a few days later I heard my son telling one of his friends about what had happened.

"The band was playing a silly song about a robin bird dancing and they were going 'tweet-tweet-rockin' robin. And I looked around for my mom and there she was dancing with a big fat clown."



It seems 
like yesterday;
memories
are
awesome.
Post a Comment